Although the layers in AmigoCollect will always preserve the appearance with which it has been configured from the dataset view on the web, it is now possible to filter and display only those records filtered by a particular user using their account and their mobile device.
This functionality is available for Android and iOS.
Recommendations for use on iOS devices.
Sometimes typing single and double quotes can be different when writing our WHERE clause. To fix any issues, it is necessary to configure the device keyboard:
- Open "Settings".
- Open the "General" tab.
- Then press the "Keyboard" settings
- Turn off "Smart Punctuation".
Now, we can filter without fear of incompatibility between the writing text symbols.
Filter your layers (iOS & Android)
1. Inside the project, activate the layers in the map screen from the app. Pay attention to the number of records.
2. In the search section, select "Map filters"
3. You will find an entry for each dataset
4. In the input write the word "WHERE" which will allow a syntax:
5. Use " " double quotes for the column names.
6. Columns must have the same name as the column name that appears in the dataset schema editor:
7. Type the conditions like, =, <>, <,>, IN, NOT IN, etc., and on the right side put the unique values that will perform the condition between single quotes ' '.
8. You can add more conditions with AND or OR.
9. Make sure the where clause is well written
10. An example of this would be the following:
"results" = 'POSITIVE' AND "sample_date" > '2021-01-01 00:00'
11. Exit from the filter view. Verify that the number of records in the layer has decreased.
12. In the map view, only those records that meet the condition will be displayed.
This filter remains stored in the app's cache, even if the app has been closed and reopened, the filters will still be there.