The AmigoCollect mobile application Settings view
- Server URL is the URL to the AmigoCloud server. This option is useful when user wants to connect AmigoCollect mobile application to another AmigoCloud compatible server. For example when "private cloud" is deployed. After changing this filed the application restart is required. Also the user will be logged out from the original server and will require login to the new one.
- Use External GPS. Turn it ON when external Bluetooth GPS is connected to the mobile device. In this case the internal GPS is not used. This will improve the battery life. This option is for iOS application only. Android devices have the control of GPS unit as a system setting.
- Offline Mode. When this option is ON, the AmigoCollect application does not use any data connectivity. It is useful when the data connection quality is bad or if user does not want AmigoCollect application to use the data because of limitation of cellular data plan.
- Enable Map Tilt and Rotation. When this option is ON, the map can be tilted with two fingers touch gesture. Also the 3D terrain is enabled.
- Zoom on New Record. When creating a new record, the map will zoom into the current GPS location.
- Save photos to Camera Roll. When taking a photo for a record with Gallery field, the copy of the photo will be stored at the Camera Roll as well (Gallery for Android).
- Backup data to the Server. The collected data will be uploaded to the server. Only the data for the records that has been collected or edited on this device will be backed up. This option shall be used in case of an emergency only.
- Streaming Options. The parameters for streaming and Tracking
Most of the settings for Android application are the same as for iOS, except for two.
- Auto Login. If this flag is on the last user will automatically login when the application starts.
- If the Internal Storage flag is on, all the data for the AmigoCollect application is stored on the internal storage of the device. If it is off, the data is stored on the SDCard. DO NOT change this option if there are unsynced AmigoCloud data on the device. After changing this option the application restart is required.