Create a Global Picklist.
There are 3 ways of doing it:
- Convert an existing dataset: Go to the project’ dataset list, identify the dataset you want to be converted to picklist and hit “Convert to Picklist”.
- Upload a file with your data, on the dataset list and then convert it to picklist
- Go to the picklists list a create a picklist from scratch using the picklist editor
Edit your picklist elements or records.
Go to the picklists list and hit View.
The edition of the records is just like that of regular datasets.
Use your newly created global picklist.
Configure your global picklist:
- Picklist: Select your previously created global picklist here
- Visible Labels: Fields from the global picklist that are shown to the final user (data collector) and are searchable either as autocomplete or as a combobox.
- Stored Value: Actual field from the global picklist that is stored on the dataset table.
- Categories: They work as filters that allow you to narrow the search of the “Visible Labels”. On the form, they get expressed as comboboxes, one after the other. Optionally, you can mark a category as “stored”, meaning that it is stored in a column in the dataset table, along with the main “Stored Value”.
Edit the Mobile Forms.
In particular, on respect to global picklists, you can set the widget for the “Visible Labels”, which can be autocomplete (default) or combobox. Beware that if you expect the items to be more than a hundred, you should use autocomplete.
Use your picklist on mobile device.