Copy from... is a tool that you can use from our mobile application in both Android and IOS versions.
Sometimes, there are a lot of fields in forms with information that need to be filled with similar or identical data to previously collected records. In order to make this process easier, AmigoCloud has developed the "Copy from..." tool that will allow us to:
- Fill all the form fields based on the values of an old record.
- Fill the fields contained in a page of an old record.
To use the “Copy from” tool follow these steps:
1. Access the project and add/edit a new record
Form page view
2. Once you access the record form, select the options button: " "
3. Choose the option “Copy from…”
4. You will see a second dialog box where you can choose between copying only that page, all the pages or cancel (return). Remember that in order to copy the information on a specific page you have to place yourself on that page of the form.
Copy from... menu
5. After selecting from the Copy from... menu, select the record that you want to copy the information on the list. This list will show the records based on the “Display field” that you chose in your dataset editor. To make the selection easier, you can use the search bar and input keywords that will filter the records.
Record search bar
6. After choosing the record, you will have a view of the copied fields on the destination page or all the pages in case you have chosen to copy all the pages.
View of the copied fields
7. To confirm that you chose the right record, press the check button, and you will see your form with the copied information.
8. If you want to copy the information from another record on another page, repeat the same process again.
9. Once all the pages in the current form have been copied/edited/filled, send the form.
Well done! You created a new record using information from another.